Working with your prospect list is one of the keys to your success in raising funds. Here are 3 actions you need to take:
1. Record Your List
The best way to record your names is to set up a data base using one of many donor software programs. Here are several to recommend but every day new ones become available.
- TNT – free software – download
- Maximizer – Maximizer Technologies, Inc. www.Maximizer.com (800) 804-6299.
- ACT Contact Software – www.Act.com 888-557-2010
2. Catalog Your Contacts
As you catalogue your contacts each person will fall into one of the following categories:
There are two different types of donors:
- Pledged donor (those who agree to give consistently)
- Special gift donor (those who like to respond as the spirit moves)
3. Prioritize Your Contacts
- High-Priority Prospects
- Medium-Priority Prospects
- Low-Priority Prospects
Note: The New and Expanded Version of People Raising being released April 1, 2012 will have an entire chapter (Chapter 10) outlining the critical steps you need to take in working your prospect list.